Competitions – What You Can Win
Updated: May 6, 2020
About a year ago I set out to write a blog. This was for no reason other than my own personal satisfaction, to help me when revisiting places by knowing where to go back to. It all started with my love of food. Which developed from a past phobia of food (more so the Unknown), and has blossomed over the last few years when I have finally become brave enough to enjoy new things. And it has made me a new person. Don’t get me wrong, there is still that tiny fear each time I go out for dinner, especially if it’s Asian food, of “what if I don’t like it”, but I’ve managed to push that to the back of my mind, and in a total 360 I now love a new dish.
So the time has come to branch out. I have been fortunate enough to start working with some really exciting companies of late, including Exante Diet, and the soon to come MyVitamins and DateBox UK. This has made me realised that I am eager to try some other areas of blogging. So as of now, CheltenhamFoodie is a lifestyle blog. I am going to talk about all of the wonderful and exciting things happening in my little life. Because I hope that there maybe some interest that you find. Don’t worry, I shan’t forget my roots, and promise to continue to bring you lovely dinners and recipe ideas, but there are other aspects (including Paigey’s Pennys) which I feel could finally tie into this blog.
Today I want to talk about competitions. The one thing that so many ignore. There are THOUSANDS of competitions out there that are free to enter, and by laws of probability, you are likely to start winning if you enter enough. Some people even make a living out of it! And it is so so simple, all you need to do is spend a little time each day on the Internet, on FaceBook, Twitter and certain websites and you are into a good thing. I would predict that I enter around 10 competitions a day on average, and over the past year I have a lot to show for it. I have won a smoke alarm, earrings from Beaverbrooks, a set of Phoebe Coleman Jewellery (worth £400), a £20 Cineworld gift voucher, a selection of tea pigs fruit teas, 8 Bare Minerals Lip Glosses, a pizza, 2 MUA lip palettes, Illamasqua Make-up, Dr PawPaw balm, a bottle of champagne, a £100 voucher for Experee.com and £2500 worth of BeaverBrooks diamonds! So yes, it really can pay off. Granted it can take time and be a little tedious, but when I win something I get a little thrill, and even if I don’t like the item it can always be sold! So I have a few tips, and for some of my favourite websites for comping. I would love for my friends and followers to be as successful as I am, so feel free to share and let me know if you win anything!
1. If you use Twitter, certain days of the week are great for competitions. Just search #winitwednesday on a Wednesday, or #freebiefriday on a Friday to find LOADS. All you ever really need to do is follow and retweet. #win and #competition are also good to search. If you follow me (@loupaige) feel free to just scroll through my feed on either of these days and retweed what I’ve put on there!
2. Facebook – this tends to be down to luck. Once you start entering competitions lots more come up, but you just have to keep an eye out for them on your feed. Usually it’s the big companies, and all you have to do is like, sometimes share and tag someone.
3. Instagram and Pinterest run competitions too. Again, this is about keeping an eye out for them. These are great as less people enter them so you often have a better chance!
4. Companies love a holiday. Be it Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or any other holiday you can think of, this is always a good time to look out for competitions. They run loads and at Christmas lots of people do the 12 days of Christmas – so hundreds of opportunities to enter!
5. If you can find the time, there are lots of awesome competitions on websites. You usually have to fill in a form, so they capture your data and can get in touch, but if you create a spam email address this shouldn’t really bother you. The reason people give away fantastic prizes is it gets them advertising in spaces that might otherwise have been really expensive, so I promise these prizes really do exist! I’ve popped a list of some of my faves below.
6. Look out for competitions when you are out and about. I won the diamonds at a wedding fair, events like these always have tons of competitions, and the great thing is not many people enter them – so more chances for you to win! Usually it involves posting something on social media somewhere as they’re trying to promote themselves outside of the event itself, but well worth it when you look at what I won.
7. Some websites to get you started (remember to follow all of these people on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram too as they may switch it up and run things on there):
Local shopping centres always run loads
The Brewery Cheltenham
Crowngate Shopping Centre Worcester
The Bullring Birmingham
The Mall Luton
The Grafton Centre Cambridge
Castle Mall Norwich
St. Catherine’s Shopping Centre Carmarthen
http://www.totalswindon.com (they also have bath, Bristol, reading and Manchester
All radio stations
Good luck, and let me know how you get on! If you want anymore help follow my Twitter and Facebook feeds, I’m sure you will see the millions that I enter!
Remember, I just do this for fun, some people actually make a living out of it!